Re: [DML] Fixed my AC! +observations/questions

Re: [DML] Fixed my AC! +observations/questions

Do you have a link to this fix? I did a search and came up with 233 possible.

  Thanks,
  Chris
  06301

Nathan Sobieralski <valleyrat12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  A big thanks goes out to who ever posted the cheap do it yourself AC
fix in the tech section. I followed his advice very closely and now
I have cold air! But.....

Here is the one weird thing the system is doing:

When the blower fans are NOT on the ac will cycle at idle. If the
blower fan is on the ac stops cycling and the pressure reads
constant 45psi on the low side. If I turn the blower fan off the
pressure will go from 45 down to 25 as the compressor refrigerates
and then repeat, cycling over and over. Why does this not happen
with the fan on?

I filled the system with about 28oz of 134a, I am afraid to put more
in it because it reads 45psi with the blower fans on and I do not
want to over charge the system.

I would say the vent temps are in the low 40s with the outside
ambient temp at 95 deg. I just returned from a 400 mile trip and had
the AC on the whole time.

Any suggestions or wisdom?

Nathan
2277