[DML] Re: AC Rubber tubing

Your problem is probably the origional leak that let the charge go
last year. The hoses don't leak all that much more with -134 than -12.
No matter what the leak it is best to find and fix it. It is probably
good insurance to just replace the hoses anyway just because of their
age. The service valve cores, the oil fill and the accumulator should
also be changed out. I would try to stay with -12 or a drop-in
substitute. -134 runs a higher head pressure and will provide slightly
less cooling capacity. IMHO A/C work is one job best left to a
professional with the right equipment and experience. If you find a
shop you can work with they might let you do most of the mechanical
work, removing and replacing parts while they do the evacuation, leak
testing, and charging. The A/C in a Delorean is not so different that
any good shop should be able to work on it. Talk them into letting you
get the parts, tell them they are Delorean specific, especially the hoses.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757