[DML] Re: Chicago Show '06

They tried this in Canada and it failed miserably. As I recall
everyone refused to pay the tickets because the ticket volume was so
high. I am sad to hear it is happening here in the US.

Nathan
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82@...> wrote:

>   Hello All,
>
>   Leave it to me, the news guy, to post this.  I wanted everyone
heading to the car show next month to have a fair warning.  I'm
pretty sure most of us will be using this route!

>   Chris Pilcic
>   10882
>   -----------------
>   Photo enforcement van nabbing speeders on Dan Ryan
>
>   CHICAGO (AP) - Drivers on the Dan Ryan Expressway beware. New
photo-enforcement vans on the expressway have started nabbing
speeders, and violators will soon begin receiving 375 dollar tickets
in the mail. The Illinois State Police is putting in the radar vans
on the Chicago expressway -- which is currently undergoing a $600
(m) million dollar reconstruction.
>   Officials say about 250 speeders were caught in two-and-a-half
hours when the program began on Saturday.
>   The photo-enforcement vans take a picture of the driver and the
car's rear license plate. The tickets include copies of the photos
and the speed the vehicle was traveling at the time.The speed limit
in the Dan Ryan construction zone is 45 miles-per-hour, but the
photo enforcement vans are being used only when construction workers
are present.