[DML] Re: My doors not symmetrical

If the hinges on the doors look like they have never been touched then
don't try adjusting the doors that way. The body panels are adjusted
TO the doors, not the doors to the panels. The Tee roof can be
adjusted left-to-right. It sounds like you need to adjust the anchor
pins to get the doors closed evenly. On the passenger side you may
have to make the holes for the anchor pins larger (cut the fiberglass)
so you can properly adjust the anchor pins. You should not have to
force the doors or slam them. It beats up the locks and the anchors.
You will force the linkage out of adjustment and eventually get
yourself locked in. The driver's door needs to close a little bit more
and the passenger door needs to close easily. When open the doors are
not always equal. No way to adjust unless you have different struts
and they hold the doors open differently. In that case replace one or
both struts. You can spend a lot of time (especially the first time)
adjusting the anchor pins and the door mechanisms. Take your time and
be careful of the sharp edges. The anchor pins should glide right up
the center of the latches without hitting the sides or on the head of
the anchor. Do this on a flat, level surface like a concrete garage floor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12@...>