[DML] 4419 Bites the dust

  Well after being a very satisfied 1981 Delorean owner since June
of 1998, I sadly have come to the conclusion that the car is
finished. The frame is beyond repair and the vehicle is no longer
safe to operate.
  When the car was purchased in 98 it had been abandoned for many
years and the weather and exposure had taken its toll on the
interior and facias. Against better judgment I bought this one and
had it flat bedded home.
  I wrote a large check at the Warehouse in Columbus the year the
show was held in Cincinnati and the fun started. After six months of
parts hunting and the help from folks around the country, we were on
the road.
  I started with 9400 miles and ran it up to 34000 cross country
miles. With many weekend trips and long vacations, this was a
pleasure to drive. We have met and traveled with some very good
people who also happen to enjoy their cars. The amount of interest
shared was not just limited to the cars but the desire to travel and
meet new people.
  Kathy and I have always been reluctant to join clubs of any sort.
But the decision to participate in the Delorean Club of Ohio was one
we will continue to enjoy for years to come. The fact that we are
currently without a Delorean will not prevent our continued interest
and traveling with the group.
  4419 is currently deposited at Dave's shop in Columbus. I have
made arrangement to get rid of the carcass with Dave. And the hunt
starts for another car.
  Hoping to see everybody in Chicago.

   Rick and Kathy
   Sandusky