[DML] Re: AC compressor oil where does it go?

[DML] Re: AC compressor oil where does it go?

If, in fact, there is NO oil in the compressor it would be a sign that
the system is very leaky, has been recharged many times, and all of
the oil was carried out from the leaks and never replaced. In such a
case putting oil into the compressor won't matter much, it has run too
long without proper lubrication. You can expect it to fail soon.
Adding oil may keep it going a little longer but the best thing wouild
be to replace it now so it won't contaminate the system when it burns
up. Cleaning up a system after a burn-out is never good if you can
avoid it. Try holding the compressor upside-down and turning the
clutch. You should get some oil out. If it is DRY just replace it now.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12@...>