[DML] Re: Flushing Cooling System Questions?

[DML] Re: Flushing Cooling System Questions?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mike p <cambpd@...> wrote:

Mike,
I filled mine by taking the hose off of the water pump going to the
top of the radiator (driver side of car).  I filled it with a 50/50
antifreeze/water solution until the coolant bottle was full.  Get a
self bleeder kit for the air valve on the water pump.  Saves some
hassle.  But fire up the car and disconnect the little hose on the
top of the radiator on the passenger side.  You will probably hear
air.  Once coolant starts pumping out, hook the hose back up.  Andbe
careful.  The coolant can burn you if it's hot enough.

As for draining everything out of the block.  I just did a VOD job
last winter on my car.  The two holes for the internal y-pipe, I
sucked the coolant out that way.  Not even bothering with the plugs
on the side of the engine.

Matt
VIN: 2953
Frostburg, MD