[DML] Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size

[DML] Re: Delorean Wheel Bolt Pattern Size

Hello.

In 2000, I measured the offsets.  Nobody seemed to know at that time
what they were.  Though I've long since forgotten the values, I
remember how to measure it.

You'll need a straight edge long enough to span the wheel diameter, a
ruler or tape measure, and rims of course (no tires on them).

Lay the rim on a flat surface, outer face down.

Measure the total width of the rim.  (My memory is that the actual
width was just about exactly 1 inch more than the nominal width for
both rim sizes, but don't believe it, measure it.) Let's call this
value "x"

Take the straight-edge and lay it on the rim, spanning the diameter.

Measure the distance from the straight edge to the mounting surface
of the rim, that is, the surface that contacts the hub.  Let's call
this value "y"  Professionals call it the backspace.

You now have all the raw data you need.

Offset = y-(x/2) Retain the minus sign, if the result has one.  It's
important.

This website might help.

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html.

Good luck.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79@...> wrote:

> I found quite a few doing a search. This site looks promising. I
need to know the offset for the front and rears. Anybody?
>   http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?
N=400168+306318&autoview=sku