[DML] Re: Ethanol in Gasoline

I predict you will see a lot of changes in what we call gasoline in
the future. As it gets more and more expensive the manufacurers and
the government will find all kinds of things to put in it. Already new
cars must be able to accomodate things that were not even known about
in 1981. Unfortunately it will be necessary to upgrade older cars to
be able to use the new fuels. Aviation has had problems like this for
some time. It will only get worse. The Delorean vendors will have to
offer upgraded components for those of us in areas where these blended
fuels ares sold and drivers have no choice but to put that cr-p in
their cars. For the most part these blends will be less effiecint but
less polluting (at least that is how they try to stick us with it).
What is really going on is the gas companies make even more money on
additives and the farmers get big subsudies. That is why you see most
of the ethanol in the mid-west now. Expect it to come to your area
soon. As for me, I am looking seriously at the hybrids for my next
daily driver.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <delornut@...> wrote:

> I'm wondering if several responses to this question were from areas
that are
> or were using M.T.B.E. instead of ethanol. This would attack rubber
more
> than ethanol. I only have my own experiance to reflect on but I
recently
> removed the fuel tank components which had almost 90,000 miles on
them. They
> were all in very good condition and I've used ethanol in my car many
many
> times. I acknowledge that I never let the car sit for long periods
with it
> in the tank and the ethanol was always used on  road trips where the
fuel