[DML] Re:Door latch replacement/upgrade

Hi David-
Actually, I have a Lockzilla, my solenoids never failed but I replaced them
with Toby's actuators, and my doors work fine for the first time in the 6 plus
 years I've owned it. If I lived a few hours closer, I'd have driven up and
asked  for your help, but as it happens, I finally figured them out myself.
First I did  the manuals/bulletin route, then just readjusted and readjusted
until it worked  and I figured it out. I even removed a latch just to fiddle with
it and get a  good look at it from all sides. Still, all the literature I've
seen suggests  that they're easily thrown out of adjustment, and I don't want
to disassemble my  doors again, if possible! One thing that's not adjustable or
disassemblable  is the latch itself.  No way I can see to bypass the design
features I'd  like to avoid. That's why I'd rather try to swap it out with a
different latch  altogether that won't be so finicky.

Wayne A.  Ernst
vin 11174
Bridgeton, NJ

In a message dated 4/20/2006 10:52:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,