[DML] Re: EFI injector question

Nick,

I was concerned about the exact same thing when I was building
my EFI system from scratch about year ago. I had nightmares that
after all my hard work the injectors would just spray into the K-Jet
injector tubes and just drip down without atomizing causing it to
run poorly.

I am very happy to say that I worried for nothing! Apparently if
you use injectors that are no more than 15-20 degree spray pattern,
you don't even need to machine down the injector mounting area at
all. Sorry! I used high impedance Bosch injectors that are for a
Buick 3.8 liter V6 (I believe they are 216's). Not only did the
engine fire up with no problems almost on the first crank (after it
had been sitting for two months while I was working on it), but I
have driven over 3000 miles with it, including a trip to CA with
some members of the AZ-D for a car show.

I love the EFI. I built a MegaSquirt computer. Not sure which
ECU you are running, but it is so great to be able to control
what is going on. The efficiency and smoothness compared to
the original K-Jetronic POS is incredible. At an event we had
here in AZ earlier this year, Rob Grady said that my engine was
almost as smooth as an even fire!!!!

Good luck,
Daniel
VIN 10920