[DML] PNDC Portland tech session

Hi folks,

I thought I'd share with the group some of the highlights from the
PNDC tech session arranged in the Portland, OR area  yesterday
(well, it was actually in my shop).

We had a total of 10 cars on the premises, and we enjoyed making
various adjustments and fixes into the early evening hours. A
partial list of some of the items including replacing an angle
drive, replacing brake lines, torsion bar adjustments (several of
those), some electrical work, parking brake adjustments, door
striker pin adjustments, transmission oil change, shift linkage bolt
replacement, and lots of other little stuff. We made good use of the
lift, and enjoyed working without having to lay on our backs.

It was another record-setter. The last tech session we hosted had
record-breaking heat (105 degrees) -- this time according to the
weatherman, was a record cold day for April 15. Fortunately, the
woodstove in the shop kept the place at a comfortable shit-sleeve
working temerature.

Despite my predictions, we got through all the cars that wanted some
work without anyone getting hurt and without breaking anyone's car.
I guess I'll save the knuckle bandages for the next time.

... and a good time was had by all!

Thanks to everyone that came by and to Toby and Gary from PNDC for
coming all the way down to share their expertise. I enjoyed
everyone's company and look forward to the next time we have a
chance to wrench on the cars a bit.

  Knut