[DML] Re: Fuel Accumulator - Hot start fixed - Kinda

[DML] Re: Fuel Accumulator - Hot start fixed - Kinda

Sounds like your fuel distributor isn't holding lower end pressure,
check to see if your fuel adjuster O ring on right lower side of FD
with Nut on it, I'll bet it's broken, rotted out or gone. this would
cause your fuel to go back to your tank instead of holding the
pressure causeing turn over but no start.
Lawrence

In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "willinot" <willinot@...> wrote:

> What a day Now I know what everyone is talking about when they say
the
> Accumulator replacement is a nightmare.  I never want to do that
again.

> Ive managed (at last) to get it sorted though.  Only took bout
half hour to
> fit............................it was the 4hrs to get the old one
off that
> really had the air around me blue ;-).  Ended up pulling the
centre console
> out as Woody suggested.  One thing I also done (don't know it you
would
> usually do it, but it really helped) was instead of unscrewing the
17mm
> fitting from the accumulator I loosened the one on the fuel line
which
> allowed me to drop the accumulator through 90 degrees and "wiggle"
it off
> the line a lot easier than loosening it from the accumulator
(still awkward
> but definitely easier).  It was actually bending into the top of
the
> accumulator when I tried to loosen it there.
>
> Anyway that's the job done thankfully and the hot start problem
seems to be
> sorted - well kinda!  After the test run and 15mins stop for a
restart, the
> engine now turns over and over and over and eventually fires to
life after a
> bit of throttle whereas before changing the accumulator, when I
tried to
> start her the engine would turn over, start and die off again.
After four
> attempts she then started (I have the relay fitted to by pass the
hot start
> problem so that I can at least get it to start eventually).
>
> Maybe this is normal (as Ive had the hot start problem since
buying the car)
> but it just seems strange that it has to turn over so much before
firing.
> When she is cold (at least before changing the accumulator) she
would start
> on the first turn.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions.
>

> Cheers.
>
> Paul J
> Belfast
> 2493
>

> Ps:  Ive already replace the "o" ring in the check valve.
>
> --
13/04/2006