Re: [DML] VIN#04421 Lives Again and Rough Idle - Vacuum Leak

Re: [DML] VIN#04421 Lives Again and Rough Idle - Vacuum Leak

Hi Steve,

I have to correct you on the point of the micro switch... The values you have indicate that the micro switch is BAD! Open circuit should read infinite resistance! 28 ohms is a shorted switch.
>The idle speed motor micro switch resistance values are: 0.3 Ohm
   >closed.  27.8 Ohm open circuit.  Values were checked 3 times.  Proves:
   >micro switch is working.

    >Hooked up an analog dwell meter to monitor pin 2-3 of the diagnostic
   >socket yields 30 to 35 degrees deflection on 6 cycle engine scale.
   >According to the workshop manual, it should read 40-50 degrees.
   >Proves: the mixture is either too lean or too rich.
When you use a dwell meter to check the operation of the frequency valve control you cannot look at the numbers on the meter. They are for dwell and not FV circuit. What you need to see is a reading of 50% of full scale when cold and a swing between 45 and 55% when hot. Again, that's 50 percent of full scale and not 50 on the meter's scale.
Good luck

Tom Niemczewski (on vacation)
Vin 6149