[DML] Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

[DML] Re: Manual tranny leaking at drain plug

Thanks for the tip about swapping the plugs, that really helped
however the darn thing is still leaking. I did two wraps of Teflon,
still leaked, then I did a bunch of Teflon and now it is only
leaking very slowly (maybe a drop per 12 hours). I am going to leave
it for now until I order a magnetic plug and change to synthetic
oil.

I inspected for cracks but could not find any. I am pretty sure that
I am the first person to change the oil and I think it was slightly
leaking from the plug before I changed the oil. Not really sure if
this could be a casting problem or perhaps the threads were not done
well at the factory.

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>