Re: [DML] Axle nut/socket size?

  Look at an auto parts chain like Autozone (I'm surprised Pep Boys didn't have it).  I got an "impact quality" socket for about $10.  Tell them you're looking for an axle nut socket.  They had the 32MM for my DeLorean, a 36MM for my normal car, and an assortment of others.

  Jake

Tom Tait <TTait@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I know I'm making a stupid mistake somewhere here.

The DMCH website says I can remove my axle nut (for angle drive
replacement) with a 32mm socket. That specific socket has proven hard
to find, but when 32mm is converted to SAE it comes out to 1.259 inches.
My 1 1/4" socket should fit a bit snugly, but its no where close.

First, I assume the basic issue is that one can't just convert mm to
inches and expect sockets to fit because ___________ (fill in the blank
- Metric measures the larger diameter tip to tip on the bolt where SAE
measures the distance between parallel faces?)

So where do I get a socket that fits? No luck at either Pep Boys or
Lowes.

Tom