[DML] Re: Manual transmission observation

[DML] Re: Manual transmission observation

Change the clutch line ASAP if not sooner. It's causing you to NOT
disengage the gears completely (your lazy clutch action). It's worse
when hot since the line balloons. This will quicky, if it has not
already, wear out the sliding gear teeth and break the second gear
shift rollpin. The sliding gear is hard to buy/expensive. The rollpin
is about $1 but is buried pretty deep in the trans. I have no idea
why this wears out the expensive sliding gear and not the relatively
inexpensive brass syncro ring, but that's how it works.

Dave S - just rebuilt another one this week, one more on the floor
waiting.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nathan Sobieralski"