[DML] Muffler Paint / AC Water

Two questions, I'm not a mechanical type so bear with the dumbness of
the questions.  I always appreciate the postings, read every one, have
learned alot.  I'm not happy with the way the muffler shows from
behind, want to paint it (I do know how to paint!!).  Will a high temp
paint stay on it?  Anything I need to be careful of?  Planned to paint
it black, figured it wouldn't get as dirty, but if I painted it silver
would it look just as bad in a few weeks as it does now?  The bigger
problem I have is an A/C water leak (again!!) under the dash on the
passenger side, carpet gets soaked.  In the last year have had the
evaporater and dryer replaced.  This leak is different though than the
past ones.  The black plastic box (behind the hose that runs to the
A/C vent on the door) has alot of condesation on the outside of it
after running the A/C.  Before I take it to the mechanic, I wanted to
get some idea of the possible causes.  Thanks again for all the help.