Re: [DML] Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft

Re: [DML] Strut Pressure and Wings-A-Loft

Shannon,

  I have the wings a loft as well and was having the problem you  described with my driver's   side door.  the solution -  Rob Grady adjusted my door latch mechanism along with the striker pins  to allow my door to "pop" open .  One thing that might also help,  is your door hanging up on your inner door seals.  I have heard  that you can used a lightweight silicon based lubricant to allow the  doors to slide past the seals, so that they open with less resistance.

  -Chris
  DMC 6453

birdwell77095 <birdwells@xxxxxxx> wrote:  I have installed the Wings-A-Loft on my car which I really like. If I
try to open the car remotely after a period of time, say overnight,
there doesn't seem to be enough strength in the struts and torsion bar
to push open the door. If I open the door and then close it, the doors
will open fine when I push the remote button. Do struts loose their
compression after a period of time and does opening and closing the
doors recompress the tension (or whatever) in the struts? Any other
Wings-A-Loft users have the same problem and what is the solution? I
don't want to tighten the torsion bar any. The doors open fully and
don't droop.

Shannon
VIN 16113