[DML] question about passenger side under dash wiring

[DML] question about passenger side under dash wiring

Hi All!

  I have been sorting out my wiring under the dash on the passenger
side...it had been heavily modified for an alarm but i think i have
almost got it back to stock!

  My main worry now is this big black wire coming out of the
loom...i assume it is an earth?  What is it for? See photo!

  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mrvic20/DSCF1678.jpg

  There is then this with 2 black wires bolted to the under side of
the dash.  Both wires are cut.  Is this a stock earth or is this
where the single black wire from the previous picture should be
attached.

   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/mrvic20/DSCF1668.jpg

  I am confused...any help appreciated!#

  many thanks