[DML] Re: Front grill

There is no need to dye the grill, or any of the black parts of the exterior for that
matter.

I just painted my grill yesterday.  I also repainted most of the exterior black parts a
few months back.  Just go to any automotive or paint store, and buy a spray can of
black and a spray can of primer.  Be sure to sand the part completely smooth and
clean it very well before applying the primer.  It is also a good idea the warm up
anything that you intend to spray with a heat lamp before application.  This helps the
primer and paint cure better.  Once the primer is on, let it dry (best with that heat
lamp) and then sand it smooth with a very fine grit of sand paper to remove any dust
or other impurities that got caught in the primer.  Wipe it clean again, re-heat it, and
then apply the paint.  Be careful, otherwise the paint will drip and you will have to do
it all over again.  When you are done, if you want, you can apply a clear coat if you
want a glossy look and some added protection.  I, personally, opted for a semi-gloss
black paint.  I love the look of it.  I used Krylon spray paint that I got at an automotive
store, and it looks great.

Hope this helps.  It's really not as difficult of a proccess as it sounds.  If you are just
doing the grill, it should just take a couple hours (And most of that time is waiting for
it to dry.)  You can just pull the grill off, so there's no need to tape anything off, so
that will save time too.

If you have any further questions, or need me to go deeper into detail about anything,
shoot me an e-mail.

Corey
2423
coreysmoo[at]hotmail.com