[DML] Re: Gearbox lift

Your're right, it should not take 2 hands to get the knob up over the
shifter gate. Take the knob off and try some lubrication on the
shafts. If that doesn't help you will have to disassemble, clean,
lubricate, and reassemble the shifter mechanism. Not terribly
difficult. It could also be something is bent, you may just have to
straighten it out. Someone in the past could have forced (and bent)
the mechanism not knowing to *lift* the knob over the reverse gate. I
recently had to replace a pin for an owner. A P.O. broke the pin
trying to force the shifter past the reverse gate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757