[DML] not just ground points anymore

For years I've heard check your ground points and that is a definite
weakness.
But what about the other electrical points?

My car just died after starting up. Kaput. Everything-- no lights, nothing.
After digging in with the meter (and a call from Warren who heard through
the grapevine about my problem and suggested a place to look) I found this
little bad problem this afternoon.
I initially thought it was the lock module that drained the battery, so I
first pulled that and charged it but EVERYTHING was still dead.
The jump post had 12V, the alternator had 12V... so that suggested it was
the input back into the electrical compartment just like Warren said to
check. Sure enough I wiggled that and the car started humming (left the key
in the on position). I ran it a few seconds and continue to diagnoes the
whole problem. I disconnect the batter and pull out this post (all the brown
wires connect to it) and it is just filthy inside and out-- and HOT. A lot
of resistance was going on here.
The isolator/surround around the brass post is melted and looks like crap.

I don't see one on the DMCH site so I'll be calling Warren in the morning to
find out if I'm looking cross-eyed or something.

But let this be a lesson-- don't focus on the grounds and ignore the
positive post too!!

-Kevin