[DML] Re: Body panels: repair or replace???

[DML] Re: Body panels: repair or replace???

If you have the Mechanical skills to DIY,then in the long run it
would be cheaper to replace,since at the same time you will be
having "spares" if something should happen in the future,or to offset
your costs,but BEWARE,there is a downside, there are what
seems "gorillas" that work in the shipping industries,and do not be
surprised if a panel comes in shipped with Damage(been there got one
of those)so make sure there is more than enough insurance for
shipping damage.The other nice thing is that you get "hands on"
experiance,and learn how to repair your D.

P.S. one thing: If you replace your own panels do the caveman
thing,and on the backside of the fender(where it can only be seen
when the fender is removed) scribble YOUR VIN NUMBER with a black
permanent marker,in case your car ever gets stolen,in the same manner
as the guys working at the factory did,and as a history marker on
your car.

cbl

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nathan Sobieralski"