[DML] Re: Warm Up regulator

The reason I say to replace an origional accumulator is that they have
a high failure rate when they get this old. If you still have the
origional part it is not a matter of "if" it will fail but "when" and
probably soon. It can be difficult to tell if it is origional. The
"best" way is if the previous owners left a paper trail of service
tickets for all the work to the car. The accumulator is not the only
thing that can affect hot starts. Before replacing it good practice
calls for at least a visual check for obvious things like a loose
vacuum line, disconnected wires, fuel leaks, loose plugs, etc. A
vendor would put a pressure gauge on to confirm a bad accumulator,
maybe you should have done that before spending on an expensive part.
There is also the possability the accumulator was bad AND you had a
vacuum leak.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757