[DML] Re: electrics and steering wheel

It is not correct procedure to center the steering wheel by removing
it and replacing it on the shaft. Other parts may not be centered and
by centering the wheel you might not have the same amount of turn on
each side. Generally, if the wheel is not centered you correct it with
the tie rod ends (assuming the steering wheel is in the right spot to
begin with). This is what is done in a correctly performed 4 wheel
alignment. On most cars the steering wheel is splined so it can only
go on in 1 position. Not  on Deloreans. That is why you have to mark
it's position so you can be sure you put it back right. As for your
crossed wire, about the only place the 2 systems have in common are
the taillight boards. Unplug them one at a time and see what happens.
Not a common, typical problem. Check that the correct bulbs are in the
tail light boards and are installed corrctly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757