[DML] Seller Beware!!

Just thought I would post my latest encounter with a real pro scam
artist.
I have my car listed here for sale, and was contacted by a person
claiming the name Irvin Smith . Here is the short end of the story...
He informed me of being from the UK and wanted to buy my car. He
made me an offer wich I accepted, all seemed fine.We exchanged phone
numbers and he even called me to talk to me but I had missed his
call and in turn recieved an email instead.
  Then when it came to the transaction details he makes an "odd"
request. . He says Oh, I already have a cashiers check made out for
a purchase that has fallen through, and I will just give this one to
you and you are expected to refund me the difference.
 RED FLAG.. DING DING DING. .
Has anyone heard this one before?
I have.
I actually stupidly shrugged it off because he had been so otherwise
convincing and responded as though this was OK with me.

I didnt take long before I began to think about this..So before
receiving a response I told him on second thought, this was
absolutely unacceptable. I then began a little more research.
Turns out the phone number he gave me had a macthing prefix to a
phone number redirectory service (UK based) that scammers, typically
in Nigeria, use to lend legitimacy to their claims of being UK
based.
Then I find out that this guy had actually contacted a friend of
mine who is also selling his DeLorean and gave my friend a
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT story.
This is what prompted me to post.
Obviously he is targeting DeLorean Owners, so SELLER BEWARE!!!