[DML] Re: Passenger side water leak

David,

Thanks for the reply. I do indeed plan to start redoing the RTV
around the car after I get this squared away. Better preventative
than needed. As for the A/C drain, I did clean this out recently
when I had to replace the blower motor, and yes you are right there
was a bunch of junk in there.

However the leak I'm trying to track down now is on the right wall,
closest to the door edge. If you were to sit in the passenger seat
with the door open, and run your hand along the front of the
dashboard on the right edge, at the bottom of the dashboard, below
the door switch, is where the water is coming from. Right where the
bottom right front corner of the dashboard meets the fiberglass
wall. It comes straight down from there, barely on the inside of the
fiberglass wall. I have to have the door sill carpet piece pulled
back, with the vinyl part that wraps the edges pulled back too, to
see it. The way I found these leaks was having the door open, and
pouring water from a cup into the area between the inner and outer
seals at the top front, behind the windshield. As the water ran and
drained down the forward pillar those points would leak. However, it
also leaks from there with the seals in place and door closed,
because after sealing the other 2 leaks I closed everything up and
left the car, and it has rained numerous times since then, and it
has leaked every time it's rained. Hopefully one of you all has seen
this problem before, I really would hate to have to pull out the
dashboard to find out where the water is coming from. Again any and
all help is greaty appreciated! Thanks!

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Make sure the drain for the A/C is not blocked. Since you say you
are
> leaving the car outdoors tree junk is probably getting in there and
> blocking up the drain. You can access it by removing the plastic
grill
> in front of the windscreen and use a hose to suck as much of the
gunk
> out as you can. The other way to get there is to remove the fan
motor
> and go in that way. Do it both ways. You can also remove the front
> right wheel and suck on the drain hose with a shop vac. You may
have
> to stick a wire in the hose to really clean it up. One of the
> disadvantages to having to leave the car outside. If you see the
RTV