[DML] Re: Passenger side water leak
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: Passenger side water leak



David,

Thanks for the reply. I do indeed plan to start redoing the RTV 
around the car after I get this squared away. Better preventative 
than needed. As for the A/C drain, I did clean this out recently 
when I had to replace the blower motor, and yes you are right there 
was a bunch of junk in there. 

However the leak I'm trying to track down now is on the right wall, 
closest to the door edge. If you were to sit in the passenger seat 
with the door open, and run your hand along the front of the 
dashboard on the right edge, at the bottom of the dashboard, below 
the door switch, is where the water is coming from. Right where the 
bottom right front corner of the dashboard meets the fiberglass 
wall. It comes straight down from there, barely on the inside of the 
fiberglass wall. I have to have the door sill carpet piece pulled 
back, with the vinyl part that wraps the edges pulled back too, to 
see it. The way I found these leaks was having the door open, and 
pouring water from a cup into the area between the inner and outer 
seals at the top front, behind the windshield. As the water ran and 
drained down the forward pillar those points would leak. However, it 
also leaks from there with the seals in place and door closed, 
because after sealing the other 2 leaks I closed everything up and 
left the car, and it has rained numerous times since then, and it 
has leaked every time it's rained. Hopefully one of you all has seen 
this problem before, I really would hate to have to pull out the 
dashboard to find out where the water is coming from. Again any and 
all help is greaty appreciated! Thanks!

Dave
#5968


--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...> 
wrote:
>
> Make sure the drain for the A/C is not blocked. Since you say you 
are
> leaving the car outdoors tree junk is probably getting in there and
> blocking up the drain. You can access it by removing the plastic 
grill
> in front of the windscreen and use a hose to suck as much of the 
gunk
> out as you can. The other way to get there is to remove the fan 
motor
> and go in that way. Do it both ways. You can also remove the front
> right wheel and suck on the drain hose with a shop vac. You may 
have
> to stick a wire in the hose to really clean it up. One of the
> disadvantages to having to leave the car outside. If you see the 
RTV
> is not sealing well you should remove it everywhere and redo it all
> over the car. Make sure to do around the door seals in between the
> inner and outer seals by the hinges. Check the hood stops and RTV 
them
> too.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
> 
> 
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "usndmc" <usndmc@> wrote:
> >
> > My car is a daily driver and almost always parked outdoors, so 
it 
> > has seen it's share of the elements in the 2 years I've had it. 
> > Normally I have no problems with rain. However last week I found 
the 
> > passenger floor flooded with water. I removed the carpeting and 
the 
> > seat and have cleaned and dried them. I found 3 leaks that have 
> > simulatenously sprung up in the same area. The first was the 
lower 
> > bolt of the two near the "front recess panel area" and the 
second 
> > was the bottom right corner of that "panel" right next to those 
two 
> > bolts, as pictured on page 8 of Service Bulletin 33 concerning 
water 
> > l
>









To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 





Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive