Re: [DML] Flatbedding Delorean - to cover or not to cover?

Re: [DML] Flatbedding Delorean - to cover or not to cover?

I pulled a U-haul trailer behind a moving truck about 3 years ago
  from Miami to Pensacola and did not cover my Delorean and
  it was fine, but it did not rain on the way (those truck seem
  to throw alot of dirt and grit up when the roads are wet)
  If I did it again I would buy a cheap $20 cover and a roll of duct
  tape and wrap the cover on.... I know it does not sound or look
  very good but I think it would keep most of the grap off the D
  Also watch out while pulling onto a U-haul trailer my Delorean
  drug alittle and it was not lowered!
  I would find a parking lot with a little bit of an incline to put the
  ramps of the trailer on to lessen the angle....

  Jamie Hamlin
  Ft. Walton Beach, Fl.
  Vin#2606
  Vin#5677

Derek <derek.grozio@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am relocating for work and decided in order to take the car with me
I am going to get a car carrier (completely off the ground) and attach
it behind the 16' moving truck. Its going to be an interesting drive
:) but I was wondering for those that have open air towed their cars,
do you cover or not cover them?

I don't really want any damage to occur to the car, and am not sure
how much more or less wear and tear something like this is on a car
compared to normal driving. I have seen the $20 car covers on ebay
with the eye holes to attach a cable kit across the mid section of the
car from the passenger under to the drivers side door to secure the
cover. Would something like this hold while going 55 on the thruway?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

-Derek #10084