[DML] Pearce Design Correction

David,

Your posting is incorrect regarding the design and operation of the
Pearce Design trailing arm mounting system.

You state that the Pearce Design doesn't have any compliance (rubber)
so it transmits vibration into the frame.  However, had you ever
driven a DeLorean with the new trailing arms or examined one, you
would be aware that rubber does isolate the Heim joint by capturing
each end of a Rear Control Arm Pin.  This is not apparent without
disassembling the joint.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so
please look at a drawing of the system:

http://www.pearce-design.com/TrailingArmMount.gif

Just to be clear, I don't THINK this design works, I KNOW it does.
The prototype frame and trailing arm system has over 120,000 miles on
it and several more production frames are accumulating miles every day.

If anyone has specific questions about this system or the PermaFrame
please feel free to contact me, understand the design or issue in
question, and then post accurate information to the DML.

Bryan Pearce