[DML] Re: Fuel Distributor ect

Many of the parts in the fuel system are rebuildable. Not the
accumulator, but most of the others. Before you buy one of these
expensive parts (which you get no credit for your old one) see if you
can send them out to be rebuilt. Check with John Hervey. The fuel
distributer is cleanable in most cases. If the distributer is messed
up you probably need to do EVERYTHING. You might have to make a pile
of all the fuel system parts including the fuel injectors and send it
all out. The hoses you should be able to clean up with bottle brushes
and solvent. If the distributer is dirty you should start in the fuel
tank. Pull the pump and the sending unit, drain the tank, and wipe it
out finishing up with an acetone wipe. Replace any deteriorated or
questionable parts. The holes are called ports and there is no
"cheaper" cross-referance. You do have to be careful to get the
"right" parts. Each part has a long Bosch part # on it. If it is not
EXACTLY correct then the part will not be correct for use in a Delorean.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757