Re: [DML] Super Strength Ball Joints

Add mine to the list, that makes 3.  Mine was something that
couldn't be detected, the metal post (not sure if I'm saying that
right) sheared in half.  And I can remember reading about at least 4
others on this list.  Mine wasn't the original when it broke.  I
subsequently had it fixed by one of the major Delorean vendors, and
4 months later the alignment shop noticed it was bad - if they
didn't notice it there was the potential for a future disaster, all
along with me thinking that since I just had it replaced 4 months
earlier it must be OK (the alignment shop didn't do that type of
work, they weren't trying to get more work from it, actually
wouldn't align the car until I had it fixed elsewhere).  I sent it
back to the vendor and they replaced it free (another good reason to
use a Delorean vendor for parts and service).  I'd bet DMCH, PJ
Grady, John Hervey and others have some better insight into how many
they've seen break.  Again, these are cars that aren't really driven
much, that's the statistical key here.  All I'm suggesting is that
for parts that have potentially deadly consequences if they fail,
that if a "super" strength part was available, I'd pay more, alot
more.  If the consequence is minor, such as an alternator failing or
fuel pump breaking, I'll take my chances since it should only
involve a tow truck and some embarrasment.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@...>