Re: [DML] Super Strength Ball Joints

I have not heard much about replacment ball joints failing. However, there was a safety
recall campaign early on to replace the lowers on curtain early cars. Of the failures that
you occaisionally here about, it is rarely stated whether or not the failed joint was an
unchanged original or a replacement unit per the safety recall. It is amazing to here about
cars that still don't have the 3 major safety campaigns performed. The most notable and
easiest to spot being the frame reinforcment at the frame extension.  Their are still a lot of
unaccounted for cars out there. After all the DML only has 1800 plus registered members
and not all own cars. That leaves 2/3's of the cars in the hands of uniformed owners. Just
think of all the owners who don't know there is a well established service and parts
network for the car.

The major DMC suppliers have either Remanufactured or aftermarket units that require
spacer kits.

Dennis

DMC owner since 1994