[DML] Re: Checked my TABs.... AARG!!

If the shims are missing it would indicate either there never were any
shims, the bolt is bent, or the bolt loosend up either because the
shims were crushed, the bushing spacer was crushed, the bolt strechted
or bent, or the nuts loosened up. In any case you should replace the
bolts and get a 4 wheel alignment. After the alignment you should
record the # of shims with a magic marker on the frame and in a
logbook you should be keeping on the car. If the bolt is bent or loose
it is very dangerous to continue driving on it. There is no set # of
shims. It varies from car to car. There is a limit on them though. You
are not supposed to exceed 5 shims per side. Take the alignment specs
with you to the alignment shop. He can enter them manually into his
machine to do the car. Most shops will not have the Delorean specs in
their database.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757