[DML] Door locks...ARGGGH!

I have a chronic problem with my driver side door. Yes, yes, I did the lock
rod adjustment procedure in the workshop manual.  Yes, yes I did lube
everything- locking mechanisms inside door, bellcranks etc. Yes, I do "close"  the
latches manually when I cycle the locks with the doors open, and open them
before I close the door. No, I don't have a bad solenoid. I wonder if I have a
bad lockset in the door. This is what happens- everything works just fine-
usually- except that if I use the driver side keylock, sometimes it will jam,
make a strange sound, or not turn well, or barely turn at all in one direction.
But if I unlock the passenger side INSTEAD, both sides unlock and will open
just  fine. If I always lock and unlock on the passenger side, I never have a
problem.  I've been doing that for months. After the driver side jams, the
passenger side  can't fix it, unless I manually tweak the upper bellcrank as
follows:  when it jams, I can see the uppermost part of the upper bellcrank- the
part that attaches to the door handle cable- sticking straight vertical, as if
pre-tensioned by the cable, which it's not. Push the thing back into position
with your finger, and the door opens just fine from inside. (I have my upper
door panel off for observation, BTW.)  So after doing the adjustment
procedure, which didn't need much adjustment, and lubing it, it worked great.
Especially with my original DMC key, which I rarely use. So I took the armrest
assembly (with the door latch & lock) back off to install the water shield,  and
reinstalled them.  As long as I reached inside the window and used  the inside
lock switch and door release handle, it worked perfectly. Then when I  used
the key from the outside... even with the "good" key, the problem  returned.
Locks just fine with the key too,  But once it's locked, it jams.  Any
suggestions?
Wayne
11174