RE: [DML] Dwell meter readings + possible vacuum leak

RE: [DML] Dwell meter readings + possible vacuum leak

The FV is under control of the lambda ECU and just obeys "orders". It is the
control element of the system while the lambda probe is the sensing element.

How old is the lambda probe, and how many miles are on it? Have you see the
tip? Is it sooted up, oily, or clean? The unheated lambda probes used in
DeLorean's must be fairly hot to operate. It sounds like your's may be
drifting slowly in and out of operating range. This can happen easily at
idle with a marginal probe as exhust temps are fairly low at idle. I would
inspect and tess, or simply outright replace any suspect probe.

It can be monitored/tested in circuit using a high impedance voltmeter. If
you can, put a high impedance voltmeter set to the 1 volt scale on it while
the car is running and let us know what it happening. Does the voltage
switch cleanly back and forth, or is it "stuck" at one reading. If it seems
stuck, what voltage do you see? Or, is it simply drifting around?

Do whatever you can to pinpoint that hissing sound and report where it is.
You need to find the noise because it is not normal and needs to be dealt
with.

-Joe Kuchan