Re: [DML] Dwell meter readings + possible vacuum leak

Re: [DML] Dwell meter readings + possible vacuum leak

It could be a loose/rotted hose on the "coal canister"
that is located in the left side of the engine
compartment.  There is a little square held in by 11mm
bolts.  Take that square part off and look on the coal
canister; there are 3 ends - 2 of them utilize hoses.
The third is appropriately labeled "carb", and since
our stock DeLoreans don't utilize a carburetor, there
should be a rubber end on that connection.  If the
rubber is cracked, brittle, or just plain NOT THERE,
that could be a huge vacuum leak.  It can happen,
believe me, I found out one afternoon just taking the
time to look - found that it was completely rotted
out.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com