[DML] Bad Business

On this subject,

After careful thought I decided that I should point out my
experience with "Delorean One". I hope none of you think less of me
for sharing this but I feel that future Delorean owners need to know
about this experience.

While doing researching before I purchased my car I called Delorean
One to inquire about the cost of a tune up. I was immediately
bombarded with insulting comments concerning my judgment on my
future purchase. He flat out refused to even look at my car because
there is NO record of it in his "system".  This galvanized my desire
to work on the car myself.

For the record, owning VIN 2277 has not been totally smooth but so
far nothing serious is wrong with my car. It is not perfect but it
does not need the $10,000 dollars of work that I was told it would
need by D1 and I am confidant that if I was pressed to sell 2277  I
could fetch at least what I paid for it if not more. So far I have
spent $800.00 in parts and have plans for about $2500 more over the
next couple years or so, rest assured none of them will be coming
from Chatsworth CA. Even if I do need a good set of hands to perform
work on my D there are some VERY nice people in Garden Grove who
will treat me with respect and kindness.

Why would someone actively engage in insulting potential business?
Does he intend to stay in business? I am a business owner and a
musician and if I treated any of my customers or patrons in this
condescending way I would have been out on my @ss a long time ago.
Enough said, and thank you to all the kind people on this web forum
who have helped my through the problems on my car, you know who you
are!

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Watkins <outatime81@...> wrote:

> Mr. Bernstein appears to have reserved his services for DeLorean
One to loyal customers who use his facility only.  Long ago he
stopped taking calls from people trying to get prices on parts
and "shopping around" and then buy from another vendor.   His
business model does not really include taking the time to deal with
price hunters as it is very time consuming.

>   If you really want to know why Ed doesn't appear much in non-DOA
forums, why not give him a call and ask.....I'm sure he would tell
you.

>   Hey Ed....see you in Chicago???  I think enough time and water
has gone under the bridge.  You have alot to offer the entire
community with your stories of the early years of the marquee.
Think about it.