RE: [DML] advice on stubborn bolt

One other piece of advice:

If you can find a VERY well equipped automotive machine shop such as an
engine rebuilding specialty shop where they deal with this kind of problem
frequently, they may have a "disintegrator" that can erode the broken
extractor and bolt out using an electric discharge. No broken extractor can
stand up to the disintegrator. It chews up whatever is stuck in there with
no problem and leaves cleans threads in its wake. This is the ultimate
weapon in the war on broken bolts/extractors, but you may have some trouble
finding one.

I try never to use the "easy out" style extractors. They are so brittle that
they seem to snap all the time, and that just compounds the issue. Also they
tend to expand the remanants of the broken bolt which only makes it tighter.
  I try to use them only in places where if they should break I still have
some other viable option. I've had nothing but bad luck with "easy outs"
really, and whoever named them either never used one or is a liar!  ;)

-Joe Kuchan