Re: [DML] LA tech session

Hi Nathan,
     I agree.  If there are a couple of hundred DeLoreans in your area
you most certainly should have a tech session!  I'd say start a Los
Angeles area club.  Get a bunch of folks together who like the car,
who like driving on cruises and trips, who like working on the car, or
just like being around DeLoreans, then plan out fun stuff and watch
them turn up from everywhere!
     About 5 years ago the Arizona DeLorean Club came together and
started doing things like this and we've had a blast!  Since that time
we've had distinguished guests such as Rob and Deb Grady, many people
from DMCH including Stephen and his wife, Don and Nancy Steiger and
Dan Botkin, Toby and Misty Peterson, Chris Nicholson, John Hervey, Jim
Reeve, Evil Dan, and many others who have contributed to the fun and
success of our events.  The key is to get people involved.  Share your
passion for the DeLorean, invite key people, and promote the event to
everyone.  You are so close to Don and Nancy that I bet they would
host an event for you guys or come help support you.  They are great
people and you are fortunate to live so close to DMC-GG.
     I'll tell you what: if you plan something in April on a Saturday,
I will promote it to the AZ club (Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas) and
we'll see who we can get to come out and support you.  Sound good?  If
you'd like to see what our events are like, come on out for the
weekend of 3/10-3/12.  Rob Grady will be in town, Phoenix is having
its annual St. Patrick's Day parade, and we also have a British Car
Show, so we'll be plenty busy!

Contact us out here in the desert if you want some hints on how to set
it up.  We've all been there and it only gets better from here....

Good Luck!

Matt Olans
www.az-d.org  The Arizona DeLorean Club