[DML] DPNW Fan Upgrade

Hi everyone

I have just finished installation of the fan upgrade offered by Delorean Parts Northwest.

At first I thought the price was too cheap and that the build quality would suffer because
of it but I was very surprised when I saw them in the flesh...

Toby has constructed a custom surround for the fans that mount onto the original bolt
holes on the radiator, he even gives you new bolts and nuts to replace any rusted or worn
originals. The fans themselves stand 3 inches from front to back and are roughly half the
weight of the originals.

I was aprehensive about fitting the fans myself at first but after looking at Toby's
instructions and reading the workshop manual a few times I was able to get the old fans
out in under an hour without to much hastle.

The new fans went in in under 45 minutes including putting everthing back together.

I started the car and let it sit until it had reached the correct temperature for the fans and
right on the button they came on, there was no kick down in idle and the volt meter did
not even register the fans switching on (the old fans would stall my car if it was not
moving when they came on!!)

The heat they draw away from the engine has to be felt to be believed and no sooner
where the fans on than they were off again - the temp gauge drops very quickly and I
could see it dropping faster if the car was on the road.

I would give the thumbs up to anyone who is thinking of getting this product

Here is a link to the fans on the dpnw site...
http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K4001DP&Category_Code=9475

Alistair McCann
VIN:- PILOT 25
Belfast.