[DML] Cold starting question

OK-

My car is doing much better but I have a question. Before I
installed the new injectors and plugged the accumulator return line
the car would NOT start without the hot start relay plugged in
thereby forcing the cold start injector to fire. Now that I have
replaced the injectors and plugged the accumulator return line the
car will start up fine cold and have intermittent issue starting
when warm WITHOUT the hot start relay plugged in.(need new
accumulator) I just confirmed that my cold start valve is NOT firing
ever cold or warm. BUT the car fires up immediately when cold
without the aid of the cold start injector.  Is the car just way
rich allowing the injectors to open early?  It runs fine otherwise.

I know these facts:

1) Voltage at cold start valve when cranking: 4.6v (way too low)
2) Voltage with cold start relay installed while cranking: 13.6v
3) Engine starts without aid of cold start valve (why???)
4) Engine floods when cold start valve fires with relay installed

Nathan
2277