[DML] Raffle Car UPDATE

Well it appears that the raffle car is off to a good start.  Sales of
tickets have been consistent and ahead of the sales of the last raffle car at  the
same period.

I have been asked in a few separate e-mails about the car itself.

This is the car I drove to Evansville in September.  It was complete  and
running around June of last year.  The interior has been redone and is  clean and
original.  Last years car had an aftermarket  interior.   If you remember the
posts on the car all said the same  thing.  GREAT RUNNING CAR, Strong engine.

The car has been gone over from top to bottom and has had all appropriate
repairs and  updates.  It did not need the work that the last one did  and at
this point there are no donated parts on it since most of the stuff  worked
anyway.

The only problem was a bad head gasket and that has been repaired.   Actually
we did both sides so that is one job that does not need to be  redone.  The
engine is clean and one thing I like about the car is that As  Patrick ( The
DML's Dear Abby equivalent)  Stated in his report on the car,  it starts real
easy.  Just touch the key and it goes. It also runs real  well and is actually
the best running Delorean I have owned from and engine  standpoint.

Unfortunately for me but fortunate for the upcoming winner, the  transmission
had the classic C1 drive failure and the computer governor  also was going.
This is being rebuilt and should be done some  time next week.

Mechanically this is a very reliable car from what experience I  have. ( I
have driven the car about 3500 miles).  The body is good but  not perfect or at
least not yet. As time goes out we will take out the  few very minor door
dings in it, I think there are  three with two being in the passenger door.

The car has about 43,000 miles from what I remember.

There are re powder coated rims and new tires, brakes, computer governor  and
the electric all redone inside the car.   Any car I get I  strip out the
interior completely and redo all the wiring to make sure it  all works.  This
includes new speakers that I put in at the Chicago Spring  Social last year.

The fuel system is new and luggage compartment is like concours.

This is a car that if I had not promised it to the raffle I would  consider
keeping.  It is a driver not a  concours and  it will drive you for years.
Windows and locks all work.
Dash is refurbished, binnacle is clean, seats are NEW covers so the inside
shows well.

There is a maximum of 600 tickets to be sold and as of tonight I believe we
are close to the 100 mark.

So take a chance and win a great running car.  The proceeds go right  back to
the show and help to fund a possible next car.

The rules and regulations are at _www.deloreancarshow.com_
(http://www.deloreancarshow.com)

Take a chance.  The last winner only bought two tickets.

Thanks

Ken