[DML] Re: 3 Brass Screws Infront Of Engine

[DML] Re: 3 Brass Screws Infront Of Engine

You're getting close! Actually the idle speed motor system is a
dynamic idle control. As the load changes on an idling motor the idle
motor system can detect the change in load (the motor will slow down)
and it changes the amount of air it bypasses to hold the idle speed
constant. There are several things that can affect the idle speed. A
large draw on the electrical system can increase the load on the
alternator slowing down the motor. Turning on the A/C certainly will
load the motor down. On an automatic, shifting into drive will slow
the motor down. With the Idle motor system the idle speed stays
steady. If you were to run on the screws they cannot modulate the idle
speed in response to varying loads on the motor. THAT is why you
should try to get and keep the idle motor system working. BTW the 3
screws are used during an emissions calibration so they should be left
working too. Just turned all the way in and lightly seated closed.
Actually only 1, the idle speed screw, needs to be closed. Once that
one is closed the balancing screws don't really matter but where ever
you set them they should both be set the same.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757