Re: [DML] 3 Brass Screws Infront Of Engine

Re: [DML] 3 Brass Screws Infront Of Engine

The reason they should be closed is because in the trim that our PRV is in,
the idle speed motor electrically controls idle speed, where as other
applications of the PRV do not have this device and would then use the 3 brass
screws. The one screw is what sets how much air goes past the throttle plate at
idle while the other two are for balancing each side of the engine if need  be.
That's why the screws should be closed. If they aren't, the idle speed  motor
cannot do its job of properly metering air at idle speed.  If your  car runs
WORSE with the screws closed down, well that's because someone thought  they
should be used and they messed a bunch of other stuff up while compensating
for letting air through which THEN would mean that car was never set up and
running right in the first place.

Andy

In a message dated 2/12/2006 3:24:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,