[DML] Re: Auto tranny noise.

My guess would be a broken motor mount or transmission mount. Have
someone sit in the car, foot on the brake, hand brake on etc. and
switch it between the gears with the engine running. You squat behind
the car and watch the motor mounts on either side of the engine. If
one is broken the engine will appear to lift right off of it. Trans
mounts are a bit harder to spot - what you are looking for there is
actually cracked steel.

Another thought - CV joints cause this sort of noise if extremely
worn. To get extremely worn, you need to drive for a long time with a
split CV boot.

On the other topic  - if the trans is leaking you NEED to keep the
level up. I guarantee it's worse on the trans to be too empty than
too full. Too empty will burn up $1000 worth of parts in no time (or
a whole $4500 trans). Too full makes a mess on your garage floor.
Which is easier to deal with?

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeremiah Montee <angelito03299@...>