[DML] Re:Fuel system was New Owner

Just to make a point here, this is just one method (not necessarily
the best or safest) to get the fuel system going. A lot depends on the
length of time the car sat, indoors or outdoors, hot climate or cold,
with a full tank of fuel, etc. There is no definative procedure to
bringing a car "back from the dead". It takes a lot of experience to
know what should be done in a particular case. I would start in the
fuel tank, it will be indicative of the condition inside the rest of
the system. You may not have to replace everything, many parts may be
salvageable. On a Delorean you can expect to "go over" the fuel
system, the brake system, and the clutch system. They seem to age the
worst. You will also find you will have to undo much of the work done
by previous mechanics and P.O.'s and redo it correctly with the right
parts. One of the main reasons you find the cars dead in the first
place! The consequences of the long storage period are mainly because
the car went dead in the first place and they couldn't get it to run
so it just sat and aged. The challange is to find the origional
problem that kept it from running. In redoing the fuel system you may
also be fixing that origional problem. Or not. In any case you WILL
find it eventually. BTW plan on replacing the tires, they do NOT age
well and can fail unexpectedly. When you do get the car running change
ALL fluids.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757