Re: [DML] New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764

Re: [DML] New Owner 8:00 2/8/06 Vin #d000764

Apex,

Unfortunately, a car that has been idle for that long is not a good
scenario. You will probably find that you need major fuel system
maintenance. Others on this list with more experience than I have with cars
that were left idle for such a long period of time will be able to guide you
through the process.

I am not so sure it is a good idea to change the pump and try to run it. If
the new pump ingests even a tiny bit of foreign matter, gummy varnish, or
what have you, it will likely seize, so I would also look carefully in the
tank and probably clean it thoroughly, replace the fuel pump baffle and pick
up hoses, etc.

Good luck!

-Joe kuchan