[DML] re-aluminum core/plastic tank radiator

[DML] re-aluminum core/plastic tank radiator

I had a cooling problem several years back that drove me crazy. I had no
leaks, no air in the system, a properly working thermostat, and no head
gasket problem. In a word or two, the system had all the apperances of being
in excellent shape. I decided to pull the original radiator and discovered
it to be about 75% blocked. The fins in the AC evaportaor are spaced quite a
bit further apart than the original radiator. Junk; dirt, weeds, and even
Montana grasshoppers can find their way through the evaporator and lodge in
the radiator core. It's practicaly impossible to see this and just as
impossible to hose the radiator core out with the evaporator covering the
front and the fan shroud covering most of the back. As long as the work was
done pulling the radiator I decided to get a three core  metal tank radiator
from Rob Grady. I remember Rob telling me I may have to make some
adjustments in the mounting holes but it fit perfectly. The fins are spaced
about the same as the evaporator so there's less chance of the radator core
becoming clogged without you knowing it. This solved my cooling problems
ever since.

Bruce Benson