[DML] Re: Fuel pressure/accumulator question

[DML] Re: Fuel pressure/accumulator question

This answers my question perfectly.  I believe that my accumulator
is actually hemorrhaging out of the return line. I discovered this
while I was pumping gas out of my tank (and collecting it at the
filter) to drain it and clean it out. While the pump was running
during this procedure the return line would theoretically be cut off
however I was seeing quite a bit of fuel come out of the return
line!  I did not think much of it until I noticed that my fuel
system would take between 10 and 30 seconds to reach full pressure.
(possibly accounting for my starting problem) One look at the fuel
flow diagram confirmed my suspicions.

I will clamp off the accumulator return line and see if my car
pressures up faster. Thanks for the direct answer!

Nathan
2277